Thursday, October 01, 2009

Is the blog dead?

Due to the amount of time I spend on Facebook, I am now syndicating my blog posts to it. Sadly they don't syndicate the comments back. It makes sense because they want to own the discussion i.e. the advertisement impressions. But sadly this means that my poor blog is losing views and lacks discussion. Ultimately, it means I sacrifice advertising dollars to Facebook.

With my Facebook time and recent exploration of Twitter, it seems that using the blog as a vehicle for discussion is now legacy or dead as some would call it. Most pull snippets from their blogs and post them on Twitter. Then most comments are simply tweets.

The blog is still a good medium to author articles, but lower expectations on direct syndication and discussions in the traditional comment trail.

blog comments powered by Disqus